Welcome to another challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps Blog. I am loving how these challenges are really making me try new things. This week we have embellished corners – not something I do often (other than rounding corners!) so it was fun coming up with something that suited me and my style of card making. I used the Holly Branch stamp set and the sentiment is from the just released Ornamental Christmas set.
And I made another card – but with a different wreath, a different sentiment, a different bow and squared corners instead of round! So in my eyes it is very different to the first!
And to show you how I created my wreath, I have included a little tutorial.
Lightly in pencil I traced a circle (using my circle cutter as a guide) onto some X-Press It blending card (Label 2 nestie cut out)
I stamped around the pencilled circle with the holly stamp.
To fill in some of the gaps, I used the smaller holly stamp from the same set. Once the ink was dry, I rubbed out the circle.
Coloured the images in with Copics and used the Natural Gray colour to go around the outside edge of each leaf.
And added a sentiment from the just released Ornamental Christmas set (I always use VersaFine – Onyx Black for my sentiments). I added a bow and some Cherry Sprinkles and voilà.
Stamps: AnnaBelle Stamps “Holly Branch”, AnnaBelle Stamps “Ornamental Christmas” (sentiment on first card), AnnaBelle Stamps “Round for Christmas” (sentiment for the second card)
Ink: Versafine Ink – Onyx Black, Memento – Tuxedo Black, Versacolor – Tea Green
Card: AnnaBelle stamps square card – smooth white, X-Press It Blending card
Other Supplies: Spellbinder’s Nesties – Labels 2, Cuttlebug, Kaisercraft patterned paper – Spirograph, Copic markers, AnnaBelle Cherry sprinkles – 3mm, 4mm and 5mm, AnnaBelle Stamps 6mm Sultana sprinkles, sponge dauber, foam dimensionals, SEI button, Red satin ribbon – from my stash, Red button – from my stash, Anchor thread – white, Zots adhesive dots – small, Karl Craft circle punch
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out what the rest of the DT have created, including our Guest Designer Karin. Their links are on my side bar. Hope you can play along with us!
About our challenges:
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Thursday 5.00pm so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
- Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a special little something. Our last challenge for the month will be a sketch challenge which will attract our main prize of a $15.00 gift voucher for that weeks winner.
How To Play Along :
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don’t link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any challenge several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas.