Say it with…a male card
This week’s challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps is to make a male card…and oh boy, was it a challenge for me! Me and male cards just don’t seem to mix however I did manage to create something after lots of paper shuffling. I paired it with the sketch challenge over at Lily Pad Cards.
I heat embossed a background stamp in white, then rubbed over with 3 different inks (it didn’t pick up in the photo – but there are 3 shades of blue on the panel). I thought it looked like pressed metal (very manly) and the spiral is my own little creations made from black craft wire. It is my attempt at a manly embellishment – a coil, a cog…something along those lines.
It is a b’day card for my hubby for next week from the kids….and he gave it his seal of approval…so it must be OK!
Stamps: AnnaBelle Stamps “Background by Design 3”
Ink: Versamark watermark ink, Versacolor – Atlantic, Cyan, Lagoon, Black
Card: Regal Craft Card (White textured single fold)
Other Supplies: American Crafts white embossing powder, heat gun, AnnaBelle Natural cotton twine, sponge dauber, Thickers – Fabric stickers, Weave Extras teeny tiny letter stickers, black craft wire
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out some more man-li-ness from the rest of the DT. Their links are in my side bar. Hope you can play along!
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Thursday 5.00pm so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
- Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a special little something. Our last challenge for the month will be a sketch challenge which will attract our main prize of a $15.00 gift voucher for that weeks winner.
How To Play Along :
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don’t link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any challenge several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas.