Say it with…Plum, Blue and Raspberry
Hello there crafty friends,
I am so glad that it is Friday! Not only because it is time for another challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps, but because I can say that I have FINALLY finished writing my school reports! Yay!
Anyway, onto this week’s challenge…a colour challenge.
I used a circle punch to create a mask for the moon and then I got distressing with a variety of distress ink colours. I used the All Things Grow stamp set for the grass. To give the moon some dimension I used two subtle grey shades of Copic markers. I couldn’t think what to do with the sentiment, so I took my hubby’s advice and didn’t put one on.
And did you get a chance to see Venus travel between Earth and the sun this week? I wanted to show you a very cool photo that my brother-in-law Kirk took. (Maybe this is where some of my inspiration for my card came from!)
How awesome is that? I can’t believe how BIG the sun is. Thanks Kirk for letting me share your photo. You can check out his blog here.
Ink: Versafine – Onyx Black, Distress Inks – Broken China, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
Card: Regal Craft Card – white square textured, X-Press It Blending card
Other Supplies: Blending tool, Mask It, Carl Craft circle punch, Copic Markers
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the rest of the DT projects. Their links are on my sidebar.
Until next time,
– We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
– Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
– Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $10.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
How To Play Along:
– Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
– For those without a blog you can still play along! Simply uplaod your card to out Stamp Embellish Create social site (you’ll need to join) and add the current challenge ‘tag’ to your photo!
– Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
– Please don’t link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
– A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
– You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
– We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas 🙂
Congrats on finishing the reports! This card is beautiful and such a great take on the inspiration colours, I would never have thought to do something this fabulous!
Ooh, this is so pretty …. fabulous blending!!!!
Beautiful very appealing card. Thanks.
Great card Marion ….. beautiful sponging and your masked sun makes the whole thing pop.
Holy cow Marion! This is beautiful! I love what you did with those colors!
Simply stunning – so serene!
Great photograph too MY friend captured a shot during the day but had to use a piece of white paper and photograph the reflection 🙂 (Now I have seen a day and night version – very cool)
WEll done, getting your reports done – must be a load off your mind!
It was actually taken during the day through some welding glass! You can check out all the deets here http://www.kirkandtreens.com/backyard-astronomy/
This is jaw dropping gorgeous! Love the background you’ve created! Stunning for sure!
The background colours are beautiful and love the shading of your moon!
Love this card Marion, and the technique you have used for the background!
Whoa, Marion! Your shading is just perfection! I love the reeds stamp, too. The picture of the sun/venus is super cool!
Incredibly beautiful distress ink background! This is such a stunning card Marion!!!
This is so clever Mariom, I love it to the moon and back!!!!! An ingenious way to use the colours, perfect with no sentiment! 🙂
oh my… i have only one word – WOW! This is a piece of art!