Hello. A new month means a new monthly challenge AnnaBelle Stamps. Where is this year going? We’re already into Autumn for those of us in the southern hemisphere. Yikes!
These are not colours I usually gravitate too, but that is why they call it a challenge right? I certainly stepped out of my comfort zone here…and this card includes a few ‘firsts’ for me. Water colouring out of the lines – it was really hard for this perfectionist to do! And secondly, I splattered ink. I have admired others do this for months and finally gave it a go. I just made a puddle of Mustard Seed distress marker and water, loaded up my paint brush, flicked and held my breath – and I love how it turned out!
My inspiration has come from this card by Aga. She often uses a dymo for her sentiments as well, which I don’t own, so I used a sentiment that was similar. I popped it up for some added dimension (but in all reality it was to cover up the first attempt of the sentiment which I botched up 🙂 )
Ink: VersaFine – Onyx Black, Distress Markers – Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves
Card: Canson watercolour paper, Hero Arts notecards – Lilac
Other Supplies: Foam dimensionals, AnnaBelles Stamp embossing powder – white, heat gun, Anti-static pillow, Paint brush
Be sure to check out the rest of the Belles’ projects – their links are on my side bar. I hope that you will be able to find some time to play along.
Until next time,
About our challenges:
- We post our challenges the first Friday of each month at 8:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs until 24 hours prior to the next challenge.
- All entries MUST include AnnaBelle Stamps as the main focal image, this can include our digi range which can be found here.
- One random winner will be the lucky recipient of a $20.00 AnnaBelle Stamps Discount Coupon! This opens the challenge up for everyone to play along with and to have a chance at the prize.
- We will feature our Top 3 picks and announce the winner prior to the next challenge going live.
How To Play Along:
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- For those without a blog you can still play along! Simply upload your card to a image sharing site like Flickr and include a link to the challenge in your description.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don’t link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- Only AnnaBelle images can be used as the main image.