Say it with…paper piercing
Glad that you could join me for another challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps. Today is a bitter sweet day, as today is Jess‘ last day on the AnnaBelle DT. Jess has such an eye for CAS cards and she always embraces white space so naturally. It has been fun getting to know Jess and I wish her all the best.
Paper piercing is something I like to do from time to time – usually as a border. I was hoping to be a little more creative than piercing a border, but my time is very limited at the moment and my creative juices are low (I can blame report writing at school) – so I went for a border.
I used a MFT Chevron Stripes die to create the background and then heat embossed the bird cage over the top. Pretty simple really. I have few more ideas for this die floating around in my head, so no doubt you’ll be seeing more of it in the future (when my reports are finished!)
Ink: Versafine – Onyx Black
Card: Tag – white, Hero Arts Layering Paper
Other Supplies: Tim Holtz ruler, paper piercer tool, foam piercing mat, MFT Chevron Stripes die, Cuttlebug, black felt pen, Marbig adhesive tap runner, AnnaBelle Stamps 0.8mm twine – white, Twill ribbon, Heat tool, AnnaBelle Stamps clear embossing powder – Hi gloss
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the rest of the DT projects. Their links are on my sidebar. Be sure to drop by Jess’ blog and leave her some extra special love as well.
Until next time,
– We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
– Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
– Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $10.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
How To Play Along:
– Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
– For those without a blog you can still play along! Simply uplaod your card to out Stamp Embellish Create social site (you’ll need to join) and add the current challenge ‘tag’ to your photo!
– Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
– Please don’t link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
– A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
– You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
– We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas 🙂
Such a sweet tag Marion, LOVE those chevrons and supa funky colours! And of course your ‘piercing’ is perfect!
Wow! This is fabulous! Love it!
This is FANTASTIC! I ADORE the way you lined up the chevrons and then cut the tag out!!!
holy hannah! this is amazing and so beautiful. i love the texture of all the die cut zig zags with the paper piecing. brilliant.
Your tag is soooooooo stunniiing, love your creative mind!
Your tag made me stop in my tracks…amazing.Love the design and colours.