It’s all about Dad
Hello again. This week at AnnaBelle Stamps we have a colour challenge for you…and I certainly did find this a challenge. It was the blue that I struggled with the most.
In Australia we don’t celebrate Father’s Day until September, so I am nice and early with this one! These colours seemed very manly to me – hence my male inspired card. See those flags in the corner? They are my newly purchased chipboard pieces that I coloured with Versacolor ink (pigment ink).
Now I wasn’t sure if I was happy with the orange background, so I tried a blue one as well – but in the end I think I like the orange better.
Ink: VersaFine – Vintage Sepia, Distress Ink – Wild Honey, Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass, Versacolor – Orange, Cyan, Distress Markers – Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Walnut Stain
Card: AnnaBelle Stamps smooth white cardstock
Other Supplies: Ranger ink blending tool, Finger sponge daubers, Scrapmatts Chipboard pieces – flags 02, Foam dimensionals
Be sure to check out the rest of the Belles’ projects – their links are on my side bar.
Before I go, this past weekend I had the privilege of meeting (for the first time) my fellow DT and blogging buddy Therese. Therese and I started blogging around the same time (nearly 3 years ago now!) and she was one of my first followers. I flew up to Brisbane and we went to the Brisbane Craft Expo together. We had a lot of fun chatting and buying….but it was so lovely to finally meet her in person! Here’s a little picture my sister snapped of us from my phone. I’m on the left and Therese is on the right.
Thanks for stopping by,
About our challenges:
- We post our challenges every Friday at 8:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
- Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $15.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
How To Play Along:
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- For those without a blog you can still play along! Simply upload your card to out Stamp Embellish Create social site (you’ll need to join) and add the current challenge ‘tag’ to your photo!
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don’t link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas 🙂