It’s all about Dad
Hello again. This week at AnnaBelle Stamps we have a colour challenge for you…and I certainly did find this a challenge. It was the blue that I struggled with the most.
In Australia we don’t celebrate Father’s Day until September, so I am nice and early with this one! These colours seemed very manly to me – hence my male inspired card. See those flags in the corner? They are my newly purchased chipboard pieces that I coloured with Versacolor ink (pigment ink).
Now I wasn’t sure if I was happy with the orange background, so I tried a blue one as well – but in the end I think I like the orange better.
Ink: VersaFine – Vintage Sepia, Distress Ink – Wild Honey, Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass, Versacolor – Orange, Cyan, Distress Markers – Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Walnut Stain
Card: AnnaBelle Stamps smooth white cardstock
Other Supplies: Ranger ink blending tool, Finger sponge daubers, Scrapmatts Chipboard pieces – flags 02, Foam dimensionals
Be sure to check out the rest of the Belles’ projects – their links are on my side bar.
Before I go, this past weekend I had the privilege of meeting (for the first time) my fellow DT and blogging buddy Therese. Therese and I started blogging around the same time (nearly 3 years ago now!) and she was one of my first followers. I flew up to Brisbane and we went to the Brisbane Craft Expo together. We had a lot of fun chatting and buying….but it was so lovely to finally meet her in person! Here’s a little picture my sister snapped of us from my phone. I’m on the left and Therese is on the right.
Thanks for stopping by,
About our challenges:
- We post our challenges every Friday at 8:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
- Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $15.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
How To Play Along:
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- For those without a blog you can still play along! Simply upload your card to out Stamp Embellish Create social site (you’ll need to join) and add the current challenge ‘tag’ to your photo!
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don’t link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas 🙂
Totally love your cards. Great photo of you and Therese. I follow her too. Both of you do such awesome work!
Fab card Marion, I love both colour ways 🙂 It’s so great that you finally got to meet Therese – what a great photo.
Both of your cards are Awesome, Marion! I like both the colour backgrounds and LOVE your chipboard fishtail banners too!
How wonderful that you and Therese got to meet in person and this is one great pic, I bet you both had a blast shopping lol!
Both lovely but I like the blue! fancy that!
Ooops meant to say thanks for sharing this great picture of your both! What fun to meet and at the show too.
Hi Marion, great “Dad” card – love the big white space – it really highlights that gorgeous focal point. How wonderful that you and Therese got to meet up, great photograph too – you even coordinate, haha!
Yaaay, it was so wonderful to finally meet you ( …of course we all know how important it is to co-ordinate for the photo shoot lol.)! And to be able to talk to someone who knows ‘craft speak’, I gotta say I had a blast!
ps You are really going to be organized for this Father’s Day with these fab cards!
I can only imagine the mischief the two of you got up too!!! Glad you had a great time, and love your cards, especially the blue one 🙂