Happy Friday to you all,
The challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps this week is a sketch challenge. Why not take the plunge and come and join us?
I decided to flip the sketch on its side and came up with this. In place of a sentiment, I added a butterfly – so I can use this for any occasion. The technique I used is called trapped embossed resist. I stamped and clear heat embossed Fanciful Flowers onto some patterned paper from My Mind’s Eye. (Yes you read that right, I used some patterned paper!) I then went over the stamped images with distress inks – the clear embossed flowers resisted the ink, trapping the patterned paper behind the clear embossing. It was fun to get all “technique-y!” I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Presents a Patterned Paper Challenge over at Lilypad cards.
And while I was at it, I decided to make a blue one as well. The patterned paper didn’t show through as well, but it is there – if you squint!!
Stamps: AnnaBelle Stamps Fanciful Flowers stamp set
Ink: Versamark watermark ink, Distress inks – Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose, Frayed Burlap, Stormy Sky, Weathered Wood
Card: AnnaBelle Stamps smooth white card
Other Supplies: AnnaBelle Stamps Natural jute twine, American Craft clear embossing powder, heat gun, My Mind’s Eye – Lost and Found patterned paper, lace, Glossy Accents (to adhere twine and butterflies), Martha Stewart Butterfly punches, vellum, AnnaBelle Stamps pearls, Ranger Wondertape (1/2″), Ink blending tool,
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out what the rest of the DT have created. The Belles’ links are on my side bar.
Thanks for visiting.
– We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
– Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
– Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $10.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
How To Play Along:
– Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
– Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
– Please don’t link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
– A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
– You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
– We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas 🙂